The Charlestown Police Department conducts criminal background checks for Charlestown Residents (by appointment only) for the following:
- Adoption - $40 fee pursuant to RIGL 15-7-11
- Foster Parents * NO FEE* purusant to RIGL 14-1-34
- Day care workers $40 pursuant to RIGL 40-13.2-5.2
Public/Private schools $40 pursuant to RIGL 16-2-18.1 MUST HAVE CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
2ND AND 3RD PARTY contractors for school departments must now be fingerprinted.
- Massage License $40 pursuant to RIGL 23-20.8-3
- Medical Marijuana Caregiver $40 pursuant to RIGL 21-28.6-14
- Mental Health Facilities NO FEE pursuant to RIGL40.1-25.1-3
- Firearm Carry permit (State or local) NO FEE
Effective 10/1/2014 - ALL employees of Healthcare. Nursing facilities and adult day care must report to the Attorney Generals Office for Nationwide background checks.
STATEWIDE BCI CHECKS ONLY
School Volunteers - $5 fee for Statewide BCI check MUST HAVE FORM FROM SCHOOL
Please contact 401-213-6939 to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions on the above.
*All requests must be paid by Check or Money Order Only, NO Cash.